We live close to Des Moines, IA. Last weekend, there was an annual run called Dam-To-Dam. The 20K run is from the dam at Saylorville Reservoir and ends in downtown Des Moines. I had several friends that ran it this year. One of our friends posted another run that is in October. It's a fun, silly kind of run. When my daughter, Mackenzie, heard about it, she got VERY excited. Do you know what 11 year old girls do when they get very excited about something? They ask...and ask...and ask.
I gave in. I signed her up for the Color Run. Of course, I couldn't let her run alone. So I signed up for it. I haven't run a 5K since high school. I talked to Avery (our other daughter), and she wants to run it too. And, Julie asked me to sign her up also.
So, we have our entire family signed up for the Color Run in October. I haven't figured out yet if I'm brave or nuts....
Anyone have success with the Couch to 5K program?
Monday, June 4, 2012
So, it's obvious that I haven't posted for months. I haven't been working out, I haven't been eating right, I haven't done what I KNOW I should be doing. In fact, this is the first time I've been ON my blog for months. It's embarrassing.
It's time I slapped that BodyBugg back on; and started doing something. A good friend (actually...several) ran a 5K this weekend. It's time. It's time I got back on track and started doing something right.
FMM: Quick and Easy
From Kenlie's blog: All The Weigh
1. When is your birthday? February 12
2. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Mailed it? I don't remember. I just wrote a letter to my niece who graduated high school.
3. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Nothing healthy;
4. Who is the next band/artist you will see perform live? Fierce Bad Rabbit
5. What is the last song you listened to? Already Home by Marc Cohn
6. If you could be fluent in any other language, which one would you choose? Italian
7. Does anything on your body hurt right now? No;
8. What’s your favorite sports team? College? Iowa Hawkeyes. I don't have a favorite pro team.
9. How often do you watch the news? Watch, almost never. Read? Everyday.
10. Do you wear glasses? Yes, since I was 9. I need them, can't live without 'em...