Thursday, June 7, 2012

Whatever works..right?

We live close to Des Moines, IA.  Last weekend, there was an annual run called Dam-To-Dam.  The 20K run is from the dam at Saylorville Reservoir and ends in downtown Des Moines.  I had several friends that ran it this year.  One of our friends posted another run that is in October.  It's a fun, silly kind of run.  When my daughter, Mackenzie, heard about it, she got VERY excited.  Do you know what 11 year old girls do when they get very excited about something?  They ask...and ask...and ask.

I gave in.  I signed her up for the Color Run.  Of course, I couldn't let her run alone.  So I signed up for it.  I haven't run a 5K since high school.  I talked to Avery (our other daughter), and she wants to run it too.  And, Julie asked me to sign her up also. 

So, we have our entire family signed up for the Color Run in October.  I haven't figured out yet if I'm brave or nuts....

Anyone have success with the Couch to 5K program?

5 comments:

Sam said...

You've got time for some other steps in between there, Josh. You'll do great!

Staci's Slimdown said...

I've heard LOTS of good things about couch to 5K! My knees dislocate, or I would be doing it! Best of luck. Sounds like lots of fun... in an exercise sort of way. :)

PlumPetals said...

Hi :) Haven't stopped by in some time. I'm glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things. I'm currently doing the C25K program now. So far so good though I'm still in the initial stages!

Good luck with your training!

Anonymous said...

Where are you?

Anonymous said...

How are you doing with the training for the color run this month?